Cards and Payments III
Cards and Payments III is focussed on how to manage and run a cards business from a leadership position. The program encompasses such areas as successful strategies for setting up a robust infrastructure, learning how to prime for growth while effectively managing risk, and delivering best-in-class customer experience. The learning objective of this course is that candidates develop strategic leadership skills to build and sustain a profitable cards and payments business. Once candidates have successfully completed this level of examination, they earn the CCPP certification.
- Advanced Product Development
- Advanced Marketing
- Regulatory Environment
- Customer Experience
- Card Financial Management
- Advanced Payments
Learning outcomes and gained competencies
Upon completion of this programme, candidates will be able to:
- Develop strategies for product development, features and benefits that differentiate their cards and payments business.
- Elaborate approaches to build successful partnerships and loyalty customer relationship management that can meet customer needs in a sustainable way.
- Understand how to develop a solid infrastructure and operating flow to create a competitive and sustainable advantage.
- Understand how regulatory developments impact growth and expansion rates in the cards and payments industry.
- Enhance the customer experience using a holistic approach and an organizational orientation.
- Analyse how product strategies and their related service strategies have a direct impact on financial outcomes over a time period (customer-product segmentation and the intended performance outcomes).