Certified Wealth Practitioner
This Wealth Management Certification Programme focuses on teaching the essential understanding and competencies for providing wealth management services to affluent and high-net-worth customers. The CWP programme defines and positions wealth management services following a principles-based approach which treats the customer with professional integrity. The candidate will achieve the high standards of competency in client-centric wealth management.
- Business Ethics and Compliance
- Relationship Management
- Wealth Management
Learning Outcomes and gained competencies:
Upon completion of this programme, candidates will be able to:
- Identify an appropriate ethical model for client-centric wealth management.
- Define what compliance is, explain its role, and function in retail banks, including risk mitigation of money laundering and financing terrorism.
- Explain how business ethics encourage trust hence improves financial performance.
- Describe the elements of client relationship management (CRM) as a process and analyse the expectations of relationship customers.
- Apply a critical understanding of the role of capital markets in generating wealth over the long term.
- Identify which lending, insurance and investment products are required in the client’s wealth accumulation phase.
- Subjectively determine the client’s degree of risk aversion through a suitable questionnaire.
- Recommend a diversified product portfolio that includes diversification methods, strategic asset allocation, and measures of portfolio performance.
- Compare and contrast the possible risks (market risk, equity risk and currency risk) and explain their main role in investment decisions.
- Describe the concept of WealthTech and recognize key sub-areas.
- Evaluate leading trends in Personal Financial Management (PFM).
- Analyze the financial needs of affluent Millennials.